Late Night Success

Second time’s the charm. I couldn’t get the first casting out of the plaster cradle I made to hold the mold without breaking off an ear and the tongue, but after some modification to the cradle, this one turned out fine. Note the biscuit above his head that will be attached to his nose.

Pugoyle

I finally finished my new molds. This is a Plaster of Paris casting straight from the mold before any clean up. This is the first casting from the mold. I call this one the Panting Pug. Once it finishes curing I’ll paint it. I’ll also make a casting out of concrete to sit outside in the garden. Of all of the pug sculptures, this one looks most like a gargoyle to me, or a pugoyle, as people have called them.

Clean Castings

These are hydrostone castings from the new molds I made yesterday to keep as copies in case the molds tear or wear out. The all white material sort of dulls their expressions but you get the gist of them. I filled the molds with concrete this morning and those castings will be ready to show in a few days. The molds turned out really clean with clear details. Yeah!