Almost Ready for Latex

Advertisements

Raw Cement

I tore the rubber mold of the big sitting pug around the tail. I made some repairs and then a test casting to see if they worked. They did, but I was impatient and tired when I took this one out of the mold and snapped his foot. So now he sits outside, foot glued back on, and soaks up today’s rain. I like how the statues that are left unpainted and not sealed change appearance with the weather. Black and white photo to match today’s sky.

The New Molds Are Getting Close

The new pug molds are almost done. Tomorrow will make it 20 coats of latex, then I should let them cure a couple of days before peeling them off the sculptures. And I’ll need to make a plaster cradle for the little one.

Another Journey in Latex

The big guy and his little buddy begin the ten day latex mold build. They just got their first coat of liquid latex and will get approximately nineteen more coats. In the photo, the big guy on the left is a plaster casting that I fixed a few things on that caused problems in mold I made of him. He developed a tear around his tail that this new mold hopefully won’t.