I tore the rubber mold of the big sitting pug around the tail. I made some repairs and then a test casting to see if they worked. They did, but I was impatient and tired when I took this one out of the mold and snapped his foot. So now he sits outside, foot glued back on, and soaks up today’s rain. I like how the statues that are left unpainted and not sealed change appearance with the weather. Black and white photo to match today’s sky.
One of the members of a FB pug group asked me about a door knocker. I gave it some thought and this is what I came up with yesterday. It needs to be painted, of course, but I wanted to test it out before committing all the time to painting it. He’s very solid, and loud, a little louder than in the video.
The washer side of the hinge is cast inside the pug’s head.
I finished the cradles for two new molds this evening so I could make these castings. The molds turned out true to form, no bubbles. In the photo they are the top and the bottom pugs. These castings are also the result of more color experimentation. They’re wet from getting scrubbed but this is what they’ll look like in the rain. Chocolate pugs. The color is probably more suited for my Labrador, Fleegle.