Clean Castings

These are hydrostone castings from the new molds I made yesterday to keep as copies in case the molds tear or wear out. The all white material sort of dulls their expressions but you get the gist of them. I filled the molds with concrete this morning and those castings will be ready to show in a few days. The molds turned out really clean with clear details. Yeah!

Garden Pug Sentinels

Casting in concrete is fun. I hung these up yesterday. It will be interesting to see how they weather and age.

New Molds 2.0

The ears on the sculptures I made my most recent molds from turned out to be too fragile when casting. I kept snapping off ears when removing them from the mold. Very frustrating. So I re-sculpted the ears and have just poured new molds on two, and I’m waiting on delivery for more Oomoo 30 on Sunday to pour the third.

Success with Mold

My new mold turned out well. Here it is with the first casting. This is the casting before I’ve done any cleanup. He’s a heavy little guy. Now I’m making a second part of the mold that will make the next casting hollow so it won’t be so heavy.