These are the first results of the two new pug molds I finished yesterday. I cast these this evening and they turned out true to their molds. Always a relief.
My new molds have produced their first successful castings. The Big Guy and his Little Buddy.
I tore the rubber mold of the big sitting pug around the tail. I made some repairs and then a test casting to see if they worked. They did, but I was impatient and tired when I took this one out of the mold and snapped his foot. So now he sits outside, foot glued back on, and soaks up today’s rain. I like how the statues that are left unpainted and not sealed change appearance with the weather. Black and white photo to match today’s sky.
The new pug molds are almost done. Tomorrow will make it 20 coats of latex, then I should let them cure a couple of days before peeling them off the sculptures. And I’ll need to make a plaster cradle for the little one.
I sent these guys to Virginia yesterday where they will find a happy home on a refrigerator.