I tried out the new cement on the new “pug head tilt” molds last night. After 90 minutes I was able to take them out of the mold. The Portland cement took at least 4 days. I had trouble getting to sleep because I just kept thinking about fast curing cement and which mold to do next. Never in my life would I have thought I’d be this excited about cement. Then today the newly cast pugs decide to take a trip to Easter Island.
I demolded the concrete little Labrador hanging statue just now. It turned out fine (Lab in the lower right corner). I’m going to try a new cement next that is supposed to cure faster. It would be nice to be able to take a casting out of the mold after a day instead of 4 or 5 days. For some unknown reason I find this photo a little surreal.