Cement Casting Results

These are the first results of the two new pug molds I finished yesterday. I cast these this evening and they turned out true to their molds. Always a relief.

Raw Cement

I tore the rubber mold of the big sitting pug around the tail. I made some repairs and then a test casting to see if they worked. They did, but I was impatient and tired when I took this one out of the mold and snapped his foot. So now he sits outside, foot glued back on, and soaks up today’s rain. I like how the statues that are left unpainted and not sealed change appearance with the weather. Black and white photo to match today’s sky.

Pug Door Knocker

One of the members of a FB pug group asked me about a door knocker. I gave it some thought and this is what I came up with yesterday. It needs to be painted, of course, but I wanted to test it out before committing all the time to painting it. He’s very solid, and loud, a little louder than in the video.

The washer side of the hinge is cast inside the pug’s head.